Musty Smells Be gone: Refresh your Towels!
As summer rolls in, you are digging up the “old” towels for the beach, or even the backyard. And many will encounter, dingy, musty towels! Easy to “fix” as long as you take the time to go through a few washes, and a thorough dry cycle:
- Wash towels in hot water and one cup vinegar. Don’t add any detergent.
- Wash the towels a second time (without drying them) in hot water and one cup baking soda.
- Dry your towels but avoid fabric softener, which builds up on towels and reduces softness. Dry completely.
How to keep towels soft, and CLEAN:
- Let towels air dry before placing in the hamper. Bacteria grows on wet towels and causes lingering odor.
- Keep your washing machine clean by running an empty hot cycle at least once a month with a cup of bleach.
- Use the right detergent for your machine (HE vs. non-HE) and do not use more than recommended. It’s wasteful and buildup over time on your towels.
Continue staying safe and healthy. Our cleaning company in Jacksonville FL, wishes you a great summer and fun at the beach by being responsible!
Ingrid & the Mint Cleaning Team