Get Your Refrigerator in fighting form for fall season and the holidays.
With the fall season approaching, our refrigerators deserve a deep clean to make space for fall baking, Thanksgiving leftovers, Holiday meal prep, and more. Here are some tips from our house cleaning company in Jacksonville, FL to keep your fridge fresh for the season.
- Set aside the time. No point of doing a halfway job!
- Take everything out, yes, everything! Shelves and drawers too. There is always fallen specs and crumbs of food that reside underneath the bottom drawer. Once the drawer is removed, it’s easy to wipe down.
- Take a look at expiration dates on all your items and toss anything old. You will be surprised how old some of your condiments may be.
- Wash all your drawers and shelves with a sponge, warm water, and a small amount of Dawn soap. Let them air dry well.
- Clean all surfaces inside refrigerator. If you come across stubborn, stuck on spills, wet a rag with very hot water and press it on spill for a few minutes.
- A magic eraser can also help with stained surfaces.
- Finally, wipe down food items that survived the expiration date test and return them to the refrigerator.
- Now that you are all done and have put so much effort, make the point of placing an open baking soda box or even filling out a little cup with baking soda and setting it in the back of the refrigerator. Baking soda absorbs odors and extra moisture.
Now get cooking!